Makes:about 42 cookies
|2 cups||500 mL butter, softened|
|1 cup||250 mL sugar|
|3 ¼ cups||800 mL Robin Hood® Original All Purpose Flour|
|½ cup||125 mL cornstarch|
|½ cup||125 mL Smucker’s® Pure Raspberry Jam|
|1 cup||250 mL icing sugar|
|3 tbsp||45 mL milk|
|1 tbsp||15 mL butter|
|21||Maraschino cherries, cut in half|
- Preheat oven to 350°F (190°F). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat butter in a large bowl of an electric mixer on medium-high speed until very light in texture, about 5 minutes. Add sugar and continue beating until sugar is completely combined, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine flour and cornstarch in a separate bowl. Add to butter mixture on low speed until well combined.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces. Roll one piece of dough on a lightly floured surface about ¼” (5 mm) thick. Cut into shapes with 2” (5 cm) round cookie cutter. Place on prepared baking sheets about 1” (2.5 cm) apart. Continue with remaining dough. Gather scraps together and roll.
- Bake in preheated oven 12 to 14 minutes. Cool on wire cooling rack.
- Filling: Spread bottoms of half the cookies with jam; top with remaining cookies.
- Icing: Beat icing sugar, milk and butter until smooth. Add tsp (5 mL) milk at a time if you have to thin it out for spreading. Spread icing over top of cookies. Top each cookie with cherry half. Let icing set before serving or freezing.