Flower Blossom Cookies
What smells better than flowers? Freshly baked flower cookies! Get your kids to help decorate a whole yummy bouquet.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cookies: Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until well combined. Add egg, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and mix until smooth. Mix in remaining dry ingredients.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces. On a lightly floured surface roll each piece to a ¼” (5 mm) thickness. Cut out flower shapes with 2”- 3” (5 cm-7.6 cm) floured cookie cutters and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Place lollipop stick underneath cookie, lightly pressing dough onto the stick. Gather up scraps and repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until beginning to colour. Cool on racks.
- Glaze: Combine, in a separate medium bowl, icing sugar with water. Brush a thin coating of glaze over cookies. Allow to dry for 10 minutes. Divide remaining glaze into small containers. If you run out just make a bit more. Add different food colouring to each container. Using a small paint brush, paint each cookie any way you like.
|Dietary fibre||0.2 g|