Makes:about 60 cookies
As spooky as they look, there’s nothing scary about making these yummy caramel flavoured cookies. Your kids will love to help decorate them with different coloured glazes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cookies: Cream shortening and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until well combined. Add egg, dulce de leche caramel flavoured sauce and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Mix in remaining dry ingredients.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces.
- Roll, on a lightly floured surface, each piece to a ¼” (5mm) thickness. Cut out desired shapes with 2”-3” (5cm-7.6cm) cookie cutters and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes, or just until edges begin to colour. Cool on wire racks.
- Glaze: Combine, in a separate bowl, icing sugar with milk. Divide glaze into small bowls. Add desired food colouring to each bowl.