Makes:about 30 slices
These delicious biscotti are filled with the great taste of hazelnuts. Serve them with coffee or tea, or on the side with fruit or sherbet.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat first five ingredients together in large mixing bowl with electric mixer until smoothly blended.
- Combine flour, ground hazelnuts, baking powder and salt in medium mixing bowl. Add to egg mixture, stirring until blended. Add chopped nuts. Mix well with hands until dough is smooth and holds together.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a log about 6 inches (15 cm) long. Place on prepared baking sheet about 4 inches (10 cm) apart. Flatten logs to 3 inches (8 cm) wide, leaving top slightly rounded.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until light golden. Remove from oven. Cool on rack 15 minutes. Transfer to cutting board. Cut into ½ inch (1 cm) thick slices. Arrange on cookie sheet. Return to oven and bake 10 minutes. Turn slices over and bake for 5 to 10 minutes longer or until golden and crisp. When cool, store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
- Replace hazelnuts with almonds.
- To keep biscotti perfect for dipping in coffee, store in airtight container at room temperature, not in the refrigerator as the cookies will pick up moisture. Also, be sure biscotti are completely cool before packaging.
|Servings Per Recipe||Per 2 biscotti (43 g)|
|Saturated Fat||1.8 g|