Homemade Honey Grahams
Makes:about 24 crackers
Once your family tastes these homemade honey crackers, they’ll always want to have some on hand. Fresh from the oven, they’re unlike anything you’ll find at the grocery store.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Reserve.
- Cream butter and brown sugar together in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add honey and milk and beat well. Add reserved flour mixture and mix until dough comes together.
- Divide dough in half and flatten each into 1” (2.5cm) thick squares. Wrap in plastic, refrigerate 60 minutes or overnight.
- Combine granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. On a lightly flour surface with a lightly floured rolling pin, roll dough into a 1/8” (3mm) thick square. Cut dough into 3” (8cm) squares. Repeat with remaining portion of dough. Reroll scraps to make additional squares. Transfer to prepared baking sheets. Mark a line down the center of each one, and prick with a fork. Sprinkle with topping mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven 17 to 20 minutes, until browned and slightly firm to the touch.
- Omit the cinnamon sugar topping and drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Make a sandwich with Smucker’s® Pure Fruit Jams.
- Make a sandwich with peanut butter and sliced bananas.
- Make your own S’mores. Here’s how: Place 2 graham crackers, cinnamon side down. Place a piece of a chocolate bar on top of each cracker. Toast marshmallow. Place on top of chocolate. Top with remaining graham cracker, placing cinnamon side up. Smush the cookies together and enjoy!