Honey Cinnamon Empire Cookies
- COOKIE: Cream butter and sugar until well combined. Beat in honey, egg and vanilla extract, scraping down bowl if necessary.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a separate bowl. Add to butter mixture and beat until dough is formed. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove mixture from fridge. Divide dough into 4 pieces. Roll one piece of dough on a lightly floured surface about ¼” (5 mm) thick. Cut out shapes with 2 ½” (6.4 cm) round cookie cutter. Place on prepared baking sheets about 1” (2.5 cm) apart. Continue with remaining dough. Gather scraps together and reroll.
- Bake in preheated oven 10 - 12 minutes. Cool on wire cooling rack.
- FILLING: Spread bottoms of half the cookies with jam; top with remaining cookies.
- TOPPING: Spread with thin layer of cookie icing and top each with cherry. Let stand until icing is dry.
- Customize your own cookies by switching Vanilla for Caramel or French Vanilla Extract.