PB & J Crescents
Gather the kids and get baking! Everyone’s favourite combo is back in bite-sized form.
- Dough: Place flour in a large bowl or food processor. Add butter. Using a processor, pastry blender or 2 knives, cut butter into flour until crumbly. Add cream cheese and combine until dough holds together.
- Divide dough into 4 and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Filling: Combine sugar and peanuts in a small bowl.
- Roll each ball of dough into a 10” (25 cm) circle. Spread each circle with ¼ cup (50 mL) peanut butter. Top the peanut butter with ¼ cup (50 mL) jam. Sprinkle with ¼ sugar mixture.
- Slice each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up each wedge from the wide end. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- Glaze: Brush each crescent with egg and sprinkle with sugar and peanuts.
- Bake in preheated oven, 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire cooling rack.