These irresistible pastries are like a croissant with a delicious twist. They’re filled with raisins and jam, making them perfect to serve for brunch.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar in large bowl of electric mixer on medium speed. Add flour and mix on low speed, just until incorporated. Remove to floured surface and form into ball. Cut into quarters and shape into discs. Wrap each disc in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or for up to 24 hours.
- Combine raisins, cocoa powder, cinnamon and sugar in small bowl. Set aside.
- Roll out 1 disc on lightly floured surface to 11” (28 cm) circle. Spread 2 tbsp (30 mL) of jam over top; sprinkle with ¼ of raisin filling. Cut into 12 pie-shaped wedges. Roll up each wedge tightly from the outside wide end. Place on prepared baking sheets. Brush with beaten egg; sprinkle with turbinado sugar if desired.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on pans 5 minutes. Transfer to wire cooling racks.
- Use a pizza cutter or pastry wheel to cut the pie-shaped wedges.
- Increase baking time by 5 to 10 minutes if baking from frozen.
|Dietary fibre||0.3 g|