Sesame Snap Wafers
Makes:about 78 wafers
This satisfying treat can be made in a snap. Try different seeds like flax or black sesame for a different look and taste every time you make them.
|2/3 cup||150 mL Robin Hood® Original All Purpose Flour|
|1/4 tsp||1 mL baking powder|
|1/2 cup||125 mL butter, softened|
|1 cup||250 mL packed brown sugar|
|1 tsp||5 mL vanilla extract|
|1 1/4 cups||300 mL sesame seeds, toasted|
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a medium mixing bowl.
- Cream butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in a separate bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating well to combine. Stir in seeds.
- Drop by small teaspoonfuls (5mL), about 2” (5 cm) apart, onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool on sheet, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- To toast sesame seeds bake in a preheated 350ºF (180ºC) oven for 5 to 8 minutes until lightly golden.
|Serving Size per recipe||1 Wafer (10 g)|