Chocolate Shortbread Bars*
Deliciously chocolaty gluten free bars made with our Melt-in-Your-Mouth Shortbread technique. You won’t be able to resist!
|2 cups||500 mL butter, softened|
|1 cup||250 mL granulated sugar|
|3 ¼ cups||800 mL Robin Hood® Gluten Free Flour Blend|
|½ cup||125 mL cornstarch|
|2 cups||500 mL semi-sweet, milk or white chocolate chips|
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Grease and line 10” x 15” (25cm x 38cm) baking pan with parchment paper, overlapping two sides for easy removal.
- Cream butter in a large bowl on medium-high until very light in texture, about 5 minutes. Add sugar and continue beating until sugar is completely combined, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine flour blend and cornstarch in a separate large bowl. Add to butter mixture on low speed until well combined.
- Press dough evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 45 to 50 minutes, until edges are lightly golden. As soon as shortbread is removed from the oven immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over hot crust. Wait 10 minutes for chocolate to melt and spread evenly over crust.
- Cut into 1” x 2” (2.5cm x 5cm) bars once chocolate has set.
- *Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.
|Serving Size per recipe||1 Bar (40 g)|