Cinnamon Apple Loaf
Oh how nice, a gluten-free loaf bursting with sweet apples and a touch of spice.
- Topping: Combine flour blend, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add melted butter and combine well. Reserve.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9” x 5” (23 cm x 13 cm) loaf pan.
- Place flour blend, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in a separate large mixing bowl until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add half the flour mixture and beat well. Beat in buttermilk and then remaining flour mixture. Stir in apples. Batter will be very thick.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with reserved topping. Bake in preheated oven 70-75 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
- If top of loaf starts to get too dark loosely place a piece of foil over the loaf as it continues to bake.