Gluten Free* Banana Split Layer Cake
The easiest split layered cake you’ve ever made.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease two 8” (20 cm) round cake pans.
- Combine both packages of gluten free quick bread mix, water, oil and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Stir until blended. Add in chocolate chips if desired. Divide batter evenly into prepared baking pans.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cakes comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pans on wire cooling rack. Remove from pans and continue cooling on wire cooling rack.
- Filling: whip cream, icing sugar and vanilla in large bowl until thick and cream holds its shape.
- Assembly: Place 1 cake on serving dish. Spread with half the whipped cream and sprinkle with half the strawberries. Place remaining cake on top. Place remaining whipped cream on top and cover with remaining strawberries. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- *Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.