Gluten Free* Breakfast Bread
Nothing is more delicious than homemade bread. And this gluten free loaf is no exception! Try this gluten free recipe sliced and toasted for a delightful treat.
- Dissolve 2 tsp (10 mL) sugar in 2/3 cup (175 mL) warm water in a liquid measuring cup. Sprinkle in yeast. Let stand 10 minutes, until double in size, stir well.
- Combine flour blend and salt in large bowl of an electric mixer.
- Add remaining 1 cup (250 mL) warm water, honey, oil and vinegar with mixer on low speed. Beat in eggs. Add yeast mixture and beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Leave dough in mixing bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 60 minutes.
- Return dough to mixer and beat on high for 3 minutes. Spoon dough into greased 9” x 5” (23 cm x 13 cm) loaf pan. Let dough rise for 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted in center of bread comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire cooling rack.
- If you prefer a bread that is not so sweet simply add 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey instead of the 2 tbsp (30 mL).
Slice bread and toast.
- *Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.
|Serving Size per recipe||1 Slice (65 g)|