Gluten Free* Chocolate Fudge Layer Cake
Indulge with the rich layers of chocolate in this gluten-free cake. A decadent treat that will leave you wanting more.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 2 9” (23 cm) round cake pans.
- Combine flour blend, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and brown sugar until well combined. Add eggs, beating after each addition. Beat in vanilla and cooled chocolate. Add reserved flour mixture to chocolate mixture alternately with yogurt, beating on low speed just until batter is smooth.
- Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into baking pans.
- Bake in preheated oven 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre of cake comes out clean. Cool on wire racks in pans for10 minutes. Remove from cake pans and continue cooling on wire cooling racks.
- Icing: Cream butter and cooled melted chocolate. Add 2 cups (500 mL) of icing sugar and beat until well combined. Add milk and vanilla. Beat in remaining icing sugar gradually. Blend well.
- Assembly: Place one layer of cake on serving platter. Spread with about 1 cup (250 mL) of icing. Place second layer on top. Spread top and sides of cake with remaining icing.