Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Scones
Have them with tea or without. This gluten free goodie will hit the spot every time.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour blend, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and salt in a large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender, 2 knives or your clean fingers until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with some pea size pieces of butter.
- Whisk milk, egg and vanilla in a separate large bowl. Add milk mixture to flour mixture. Gather dough into a ball. Add dried blueberries and gently knead mixture together. Do not over mix.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Pat into a circle approximately 8” (20 cm) in diameter and 1” (2.5 cm) thick.
- Cut dough into 8 slices.
- Place dough on prepared baking sheet. Brush tops with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes until scones are lightly golden. Place on wire cooling rack. Serve warm or room temperature.
- Use this recipe as a basic scone recipe. Switch the dried blueberries for dried cranberries or raisins. You can also use fresh or frozen blueberries, cranberries or chocolate chips. Omit the lemon zest and try orange or lime zest or simply leave it out.
- SUGAR IN THE RAW® is a trademark of Cumberland Packing Corp., used under license.
|Servings Per Recipe||1 Scone (100 g)|