Gluten Free* Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
Delight your taste buds with a touch of lemon and a pinch of vanilla. This treat has all of the taste with none of the gluten.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9” x 5” (23 cm x 13 cm) loaf pan.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour blend, lemon zest, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add half the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Beat well. Add milk and beat on low speed. Add remaining flour mixture. Add poppy seeds and beat until they are mixed through the batter. Batter will be thick.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Place on cooling rack. Using a skewer, toothpick or fork, poke holes over the top of the cake.
- While cake is baking, place sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil on medium high heat, stirring frequently. Lower heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Reserve.
- Pour hot syrup over cake. It will be absorbed through the holes into the cake. Continue cooling in cake pan. When cool, run knife around the edges and gently remove from pan.
- Mix icing sugar and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Once cake is removed from pan and is cool drizzle glaze over cake.
- *Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.
|Servings Per Recipe||1 Slice (70 g)|