Gluten Free* Pizza Margarita
MMM pizza pie! Fresh baked gluten free dough topped with your choice of favourite ingredients makes this a crowd pleaser.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour blend, yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl of an electric mixer. In a measuring cup, combine water and 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil. With mixer on low speed, gradually add water mixture. Beat on medium high speed for 4 minutes.
- Transfer dough to prepared baking sheet. You can make one large pizza or divide dough in eight for small pizzas. With damp fingers, shape dough into a ball and flatten to 1/8” (0.3 cm) thickness. Brush with remaining tbsp. (15 mL) olive oil.
- Bake in preheat oven 30 to 35 minutes until edges are golden and crispy. Remove from oven. Spread tomato sauce over crust. Sprinkle with cheese and chopped basil. Return to oven and bake for additional 12 to 15 minutes until cheese has melted.
- If you just want to use the crust as a flatbread sprinkle coarse salt over olive oil and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Experiment with your toppings. Cook your favourite vegetable toppings (2 cups/500 mL sliced mushrooms, peppers, eggplant, zucchini, etc) in 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil and 1 clove chopped garlic until softened, about 5 minutes. Spread tomato sauce on crust. Sprinkle with 1 cup (250 mL) mozzarella, topped with cooked vegetables, sprinkle with remaining cup (250 mL) mozzarella and added ½ cup (125 mL) crumbled goat cheese. Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes until cheese has melted.
- *Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.
|Serving Size per recipe||1 Slice (110 g)|