Luscious Lemon Squares (and yes they are gluten free*!!!!!)
Makes:36 1” (2.5 cm) squares
Your taste buds will dance with delight over this zesty gluten free lemon square packed with flavour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and line a 9” x 13” (3L) baking dish with parchment paper, overlapping two sides for easy removal.
- Base: Place flour blend, icing sugar and salt in bowl of food processor. Pulse until blended. Add cold cubed butter and process mixture until it looks like fine meal, about 15 seconds.
- Transfer mixture into prepared pan and press firmly onto the bottom of pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Filling: Beat eggs in a large bowl with a whisk. Add the sugar and beat until it is fully incorporated. Add the flour blend and baking powder. Whisk in the lemon juice and zest. Pour the filling over the hot crust and bake for an additional 18 to 20 minutes, or until the filling has set.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack. For easy cutting, once pan is cool, place in refrigerator until squares are cold, about 1-2 hours. Dust with icing sugar and cut into squares.
- *Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.
|Serving Size per recipe||1 Square (20 g)|