The Ultimate Gluten Free* Chocolate Chip Cookie
Makes:about 48 cookies
When gluten free baking tastes this delicious, there¹s a reason we call it The Ultimate Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl of an electric mixer until well combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Combine flour blend, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate large bowl. Stir dry ingredients well. Add to butter mixture. With mixer on low speed, beat until dry mixture is well blended. Add chocolate chips.
- Place dough by 1 ½ tbsp (22 mL), 2” (5 cm) apart on prepared baking sheets. Press dough down slightly. Bake in preheated oven, 12 to 14 minutes. Cool on wire cooling rack.
- For a crunchy texture and additional flavour, roll the cookie dough in a mixture of sugar and cinnamon; ½ cup (125 mL) sugar and ½ tsp (2 mL) cinnamon.
- For a variety, add ½ cup (125 mL) chopped nuts, raisins or dried cranberries to the chocolate chip batter, or you can replace the chocolate chips with 2 cups (500 mL) of raisins, dried cranberries or nuts.
- *Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.