Whole Wheat Orange Date Muffins
Served warm from the oven, the smell of these irresistible muffins made with oranges, dates and nuts will get your sleepy heads out of bed in a hurry.
- Preheat oven 400°F (200°C).
- Cut whole orange, unpeeled, into 8 pieces. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Place orange pieces and dates into food processor with steel blade or blender. Process until finely chopped.
- Add orange juice and process 45 seconds.
- Add butter and egg; process until smooth.
- Combine remaining ingredients in large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add orange mixture and stir just until all ingredients are moistened.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly touched.
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.3 g|