Crumbly Mumbly Muffins
You won’t be able to get enough of these yummy muffins with a crunchy crumble topping. Make extras and keep them in your freezer.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease or line 18 muffin cups with your favourite coloured or themed paper liners.
- Muffins: Combine, in a medium bowl, evaporated milk and vinegar.
- Add oats and stir to combine. Reserve.
- Mix, in a separate bowl, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Combine, in another bowl, egg, oil and brown sugar. Add reserved oatmeal mixture. Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients. Stir in grated apple just until combined.
- Take a big spoon or ice cream scoop and scoop batter into prepared cups.
- Topping: Combine all of the topping ingredients in a small bowl. With your fingers, sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake muffins in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre of muffin comes out clean.
- These muffins freeze really well, so you can bake them on the weekend, freeze them and enjoy them throughout the week. Great for a school snack or breakfast item on the go.