Honey Multigrain Muffins
Start your morning with these mouth-watering muffins. They’re made with a delicious blend of oats, berries, honey and yogurt.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Muffins: Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan, add cereal. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes, until mixture has thickened. Cool 5 minutes.
- Combine, in a large bowl, egg, oil, yogurt, sugar and honey. Add cooked cereal and then remaining dry ingredients. Stir until blended. Fold in fruit until just combined.
- Topping: Combine, in a small bowl, ingredients for topping.
- Pour batter in prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle topping over batter.
- Bake in preheated oven 18 to 20 minutes until golden brown and toothpick inserted in centre of muffin comes out clean. Let cool in cups, 10 minutes, then cool on wire rack.
- Replace blueberries with same amount of apple, raspberries, strawberries or dark chocolate.
- Red River Hot Cereal can be cooked ahead and kept in refrigerator for 2 days.