French Toast Scones
Here’s everything you love about French Toast in an irresistible scone. The delicious brown sugar and cinnamon taste is topped off with a creamy maple syrup glaze made with Carnation® Evaporated Milk. Simply bake up a batch of scones and freeze them. Then you can enjoy a fresh and tasty treat any day of the week.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scones: Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut in shortening using a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add evaporated milk and mix with a fork to create soft, slightly sticky dough. Press dough into a ball. On lightly floured surface, knead gently. Pat dough into 1” (2.5 cm) thick circle. Cut into 12 wedges. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven, 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire cooling rack.
- Glaze: Mix icing sugar, maple syrup and evaporated milk in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over warm scones.