Enjoy a hearty breakfast on the go with these delicious muffins filled with crispy bacon.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease or line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Crumble and set aside.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl.
- Beat egg, corn, milk and oil together thoroughly.
- Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened.
- Stir in bacon.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven 15 to 20 minutes, or when a tooth pick inserted in centre of muffin comes out clean. Serve warm.
- Add ½ cup (125 mL) grated cheddar cheese to muffin batter.
- If you like spice add 1 chopped jalapeno to batter.
|Serving per recipe||1 Muffin (65 g)|