Blue Cheese and Walnut Muffins
These exotic savoury muffins taste best served warm from the oven. Don’t have any blue cheese? Brie, goat cheese or feta will work just as well.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- Heat oil in small skillet on medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and reserve.
- Combine buttermilk, oil and egg in large mixing bowl. Add next 4 ingredients. Stir just until combined. Add reserved onions, cheese and walnuts. Stir lightly until combined in batter. Batter will be very thick.
- Spoon into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or room temperature.
- Replace the blue cheese with brie, goat cheese or feta.