These classic muffins have a delicious twist: chocolate chips, instant coffee and a crunchy brown topping. They’re great first thing in the morning or served as a coffee break snack.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- Topping: Combine brown sugar, cocoa and cinnamon in a small bowl. Reserve.
- Muffins: Combine buttermilk, brown sugar, oil and egg. Stir in dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan. Sprinkle muffins with reserved topping.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean.
- Use an ice cream scoop to place batter into muffin pan.