Introduce your kids to the joy of baking with these yummy treats that are a cross between a muffin and a doughnut. Your family will love every cinnamon-sweet bite.
- Muffins: Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. In a separate medium mixing bowl, mix evaporated milk and yogurt.
- Beat, in a separate bowl, shortening, butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Add, with mixer on low, flour and yogurt mixtures to shortening mixture, starting and ending with flour mixture and scraping down between each addition. Fold in apple.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until firm to the touch. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Topping: Combine, in a small bowl, sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush, while muffins are still hot, with melted butter. Roll each muffin in cinnamon sugar until thoroughly coated. Best served warm.
|Servings Per Recipe||1 muffin (5 oz)|