Mac & Cheese Muffins
|3 tbsp||45 mL butter|
|3 tbsp||45 mL Robin Hood® Original All Purpose Flour|
|2 cans||Carnation® Regular, 2% or Fat Free Evaporated Milk|
|1 ½ tsp||7 mL salt|
|3 cups||750 mL grated old cheddar cheese (approx. 1 lb/454 g)|
|1 lb||454 g macaroni, cooked as per package directions (6 cups/1.2 L cooked)|
|1 cup||250 mL breadcrumbs|
|½ cup||125 mL grated parmesan cheese|
|3 tbsp||45 mL olive oil|
|1 cup||250 mL grated old cheese|
- Cheese Sauce: Melt butter in medium saucepan, add flour and cook over low heat stirring for 1 minute. Whisk in milk and salt. Bring to a boil, lower heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until sauce has thickened. Add cheese, stirring until melted.
- Stir mixture into cooked pasta.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Divide pasta mixture in prepared muffin cups. Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and olive oil in medium bowl. Sprinkle pasta mixture with grated cheddar cheese and then with breadcrumb topping.
- Bake in preheated oven 25 to 30 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Let muffins sit in pans for 10 minutes before removing from pans.