Irresistibly Easy White Cake
This basic white cake may be easy to make, but it sure won’t be easy to put down. With a rich vanilla taste, it can be paired with everything from fruit to chocolate to whipped cream to create an endless variety of irresistible cakes.
|1 cup||butter, softened|
|1 ¾ cups||425 mL granulated sugar|
|2 tsp||10 mL vanilla extract|
|3 1/3 cups||825 mL Robin Hood® Best for Cake & Pastry Flour|
|1 tbsp||15 mL baking powder|
|¼ tsp||1 mL salt|
|1½ cups||375 mL milk|
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease two 9” (23 cm) cake pans.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Alternate adding flour mixture and milk. Add one third of the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Beat until combined. Add half the milk and another third of the flour mixture, beating after each addition. Add remaining milk and end with the flour mixture. Beat until combined.
- Divide batter into prepared pans. Lightly tap pans on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 to 35 minutes until lightly golden or until a toothpick inserted in centre of cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the inside of the pan to loosen the cake and invert pan onto rack to remove. Turn cake top side up.
- Cool completely before icing.
|Servings Size per recipe||1 serving (85 g)|