Chocolate Mousse Pudding
This velvety-smooth rich chocolate mousse is actually a simple pudding recipe made with Carnation® Evaporated Milk, sugar, cocoa and semi-sweet chocolate. Fold whipped cream into chilled chocolate pudding. It’s a perfect dessert for the chocolate lovers in your life.
|1 can||354mL Carnation® Regular, 2% or Fat Free Evaporated Milk|
|3/4 cup||175mL granulated sugar|
|1/4 cup||50mL cocoa|
|1 tbsp||15mL cornstarch|
|2/3 cup||150mL chopped semi-sweet chocolate|
|1 tsp||5mL pure vanilla extract|
|1 cup||250mL whipping cream|
- Bring milk to a boil in a saucepan. Turn off heat.
- Combine sugar, cocoa and cornstarch in a small bowl. Beat eggs in a separate bowl. Whisk in sugar mixture and then warm milk. Return mixture to saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in chopped chocolate and stir until melted. Stir in vanilla.
- Strain mixture for a smoother mixture if desired. Chill for 2 hours to ensure whipped cream will not melt when folded in.
- Whip cream until thick and mixture holds its shape. Fold into chilled chocolate mixture.
- Serve in individual glasses. Layer with additional whipped cream or place a dollop on top of each serving and sprinkle with chocolate shavings if desired.
- Layer with fresh raspberries or sliced strawberries.
- This dessert can be made a day ahead. Cover well and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- To make a lower fat dessert, make sure you use Carnation® Fat Free Evaporated Milk and omit the whipping cream. It will be a denser dessert.