Pear and Cranberry Cobbler
Filled with the deliciousness of fruit and made with our Omega-3 and Fibre flour blend, you won’t want to wait to sink into this cobbler.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Mix sugar, flour and salt in a large bowl. Add pears and cranberries to sugar mixture. Toss well to coat fruit. Place in a 9” x 13” (3 L) baking dish.
- Topping: Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate large bowl. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender or 2 knives until you have coarse crumbs with some pea size pieces.
- Whisk buttermilk and egg in a small bowl. Stir into flour mixture until a soft dough is formed. Spoon batter on top of fruit.
- Bake in preheated oven 45 to 50 minutes until topping is golden brown and fruit mixture is bubbling. Serve warm or room temperature.
|Servings Per Recipe||1 Serving (240 g)|