Makes:about 6 servings
Fresh, tart apples smothered in a sweet and crisp topping make this treat a traditional crowd-pleaser. Top it off with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Topping: Combine flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- Fruit: Arrange apples in greased 9" (23 cm) square baking dish or 1 1/2 qt (1.5 L) casserole. Sprinkle with sugar, water and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over fruit.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes, or until fruit is tender-crisp.
|Dietary fibre||4.1 g|