Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Try these tempting pumpkin muffins that are bursting with flavour. They’re filled with cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger, and covered in an irresistible oat and almond topping.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Topping: Mix dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. Blend in softened butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Muffins: Stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt in a separate medium bowl.
- Whisk eggs, brown sugar blend, oil, evaporated milk and vanilla in a large bowl, Add pumpkin purée and blend. Add dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups and sprinkle with topping. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and cool.
- For a sweeter topping, mix 3 tbsp (45 mL) brown sugar with 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over muffins before baking.