Double Chocolate Cream Pie
Oh me, oh my what a great-tasting pie! Using a store-bought Chocolate Cookie Pie Crust makes this a super easy, no-bake dessert.
|1 prepared 9”||23 cm Chocolate Cookie Pie Crust|
|2 ½ cups||625mL Carnation® Regular, 2% or Fat Free Evaporated Milk|
|¾ cup||175mL granulated sugar|
|¼ cup||50mL cornstarch|
|2 tbsp||30mL cocoa powder|
|8 oz||250g semi-sweet chocolate, chopped|
|1 tbsp||15mL vanilla extract|
|1 cup||250mL whipping cream|
|3 tbsp||45mL icing sugar|
|1 tsp||5mL vanilla extract|
|¼ cup||50mL shaved chocolate|
- Heat 2 cups (500mL) evaporated milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and cocoa in a medium heat proof bowl. Whisk in remaining ½ cup (125mL) evaporated milk. Beat in eggs. Slowly add hot milk to bowl. Stir to combine. Return mixture to saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until thick.
- Meanwhile, place chocolate in a large heat proof bowl. Strain hot mixture over chocolate. Stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.. Stir in vanilla. Place plastic wrap directly on surface of filling to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until mixture is cold.
- Spoon cold mixture into pie crust.
- Whip cream until light. Add icing sugar and vanilla and beat until stiff and cream holds its peaks. Spoon over chocolate filling. Sprinkle with shaved chocolate. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Using a store bought prepared pie crust makes this a no-bake dessert.