Mini Banoffee Cream Pies
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Blend flour with salt; cut in shortening using pastry blender or fingertips until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Using fork, stir in just enough water until dough just holds together. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to scant 1/4-inch (1 cm) thickness. Cut into twelve 4-inch (10 cm) rounds. Fit rounds into muffin cups. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or freeze for 15 minutes. Prick bottoms with fork.
- Line tarts with foil and fill with pie weights or beans; bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, reserve 2 tbsp (30 mL) dulce de leche sauce. In saucepan set over medium-low heat, bring remaining sauce to boil; cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and pour into baked tart shells. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until completely cooled and firm.
- Before serving, thinly slice bananas; arrange 4 banana slices on each tart. Reserve remaining slices for garnish. Whip cream until stiff; spread evenly over bananas. Top each tart with banana slice and drizzle with reserved dulce de leche sauce. Sprinkle with pecans.