Apple Cinnamon Swirl Cake
Guests coming over? This easy-to-make delicious apple cake will be an instant hit!
|6 cups||1.5 L (approximately 4-6 apples), peeled and roughly chopped (preferably McIntosh)|
|2 pkgs||Robin Hood® Quick Bread Mix Cinnamon Swirl|
|1 ½ cups||375 mL water|
|½ cup||125 mL Crisco® Canola or Vegetable Oil|
|1 tsp||5 mL vanilla extract|
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 10” (25 cm) tube pan.
- Place apples in a large bowl. Remove ½ cup (125 mL) swirl mix for topping. Toss remaining swirl mix with apples. Reserve.
- Blend quick bread mixes, water, oil, eggs and vanilla in a separate large bowl. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour 3 cups (750 mL) batter into prepared pan. Top with reserved apple mixture. Pour remaining batter over apple mixture. Sprinkle with reserved swirl mix.
- Bake in preheated oven, 75-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire cooling rack for 60 minutes. Remove from pan and continue cooling on wire cooling rack.
- When checking for doneness, make sure to insert toothpick into cake batter and not the apples.