Chocolate Mocha Swirl Muffins
|1 pkg||493 g Robin Hood® Quick Bread Mix Chocolate Chip|
|3/4 cup||175 mL Folgers® Black Silk brewed coffee, slightly cooled|
|3 tbsp||45 mL Crisco® Vegetable or Canola Oil|
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- Combine mix (large clear packet), coffee, oil and eggs in bowl. Stir until mix is blended.
- Spoon 2 tbsp (30 mL) batter into each muffin cup. Sprinkle with 1 tsp (5 mL) swirl mix. Top with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining swirl mix.
- Bake in preheated oven 20 - 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for ten minutes in pan on wire cooling rack. Remove and continue cooling.
- To bake this recipe as a loaf, grease a 9” x 5” (23 cm x 13 cm) loaf pan and line with parchment paper, overlapping 2 sides for easy removal. Combine mix, coffee, oil and eggs in bowl. Stir until blended. Pour half the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with 2/3 cup (150 mL) swirl mix. Pour remaining batter over swirl mix. Spread carefully to cover. Sprinkle with remaining swirl mix. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes, loosen edges and lift out of pan.