Double Lemon Poppy Seed Squares
What’s better than lemon? More lemon! This recipe takes our Lemon Poppy Seed Flavoured Quick Bread Mix to tastier, tangier new heights. You won’t believe how easy these squares are to whip up.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and line a 9” x 13” (23 cm x 33 cm) baking dish with parchment paper, overlapping the two longer sides for easy removal.
- Base: Combine mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl. Stir until mix is blended. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Topping: Beat eggs in large mixing bowl until frothy. Add lemon juice and zest. Beat in sweetened condensed milk. Mixture will thicken. Pour over hot base.
- Bake an additional 15 to 18 minutes or until set. Cool in pan on wire cooling rack. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.