Lemon Poppy Seed Raspberry Coffee Cake
The lemon and raspberry flavours in this Quick Bread recipe are a match made in heaven. Top with a delectable cream cheese crumble and you’ll have the perfect dessert for afternoon tea.
|1 pkg||Robin Hood® Quick Bread Mix Lemon Poppy Seed Flavoured, divided|
|¾ cup||175 mL milk|
|1/3 cup||75 mL Crisco® Vegetable or Canola Oil|
|½ cup||125 mL Smucker’s® Pure Raspberry Jam|
|¼ cup||50 mL sugar|
|½ cup||125 mL cream cheese|
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease an 8” (20 cm) springform pan.
- Place quick bread mix in a large mixing bowl. Remove ½ cup (125 mL) dry mix and place in small mixing bowl for topping. Reserve.
- Add milk, oil and egg to remaining dry mix in large mixing bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Spread 2/3 of batter in bottom of prepared pan. Spoon jam over batter. Drop remaining batter by tablespoons (15 mL) over jam.
- Topping: Add sugar to reserved dry mix. Cut in cream cheese with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake in preheated oven 55 to 60 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Allow cake to cool in pan on wire cooling rack 45 minutes for center to set.