Makes:about 36 rings
These irresistible treats might just disappear faster than you can cook them! Try making them with bananas, pineapple or another fruit for a whole new dessert.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar, baking powder and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Beat egg and milk together in small bowl.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients, beating with fork until well blended.
- Refrigerate for 60 minutes.
- Mix 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Heat 2 to 3" (5-8 cm) oil in deep fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- Dip apple slices in batter, allowing excess to drip back into bowl.
- Fry 3 to 4 at a time in hot oil for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown, turning frequently.
- Drain on paper towels then toss in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Serve warm.
- For safety reasons, if using a pot, do not fill it more than halfway full with oil.