Serve these savoury sponge cakes to your guests for the ultimate appetizer. They’re made with rich cheddar and Dijon mustard, then sandwiched together with a delicious cream cheese filling.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Spray mini madeleine pans with vegetable spray.
- Madeleines: Place flour, salt and cayenne in food processor bowl. Process a few seconds to mix. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add cheese, worcestershire sauce and mustard and process for 30 seconds, until well blended. Mixture will be very dry. Transfer to counter and knead until dough gathers together.
- Pinch off a small amount of dough and press into prepared madeleine form, scraping off excess dough. Make a small dent in the dough with the end of a large wooden spoon. Repeat until the pan is full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to12 minutes, rotating pan every 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from pan and dent again with wooden spoon. Cool slightly and remove from pan.
- Filling: Place cream cheese and salt in food processor bowl. Process for about 30 seconds, until well blended and cheese is soft. Transfer to mixing bowl and add dill, parsley, and green onions. Stir to mix well and place in piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe a small amount of filling on one Madeleine and place another on top to form a sandwich.
|Servings Per Recipe||1 Sandwich (35 g)|