Cheese and Bacon Biscuit Sticks
Is there a more delicious combination than cheese and bacon? Bake up a basket of these savoury sticks and serve them with dinner or for a hearty snack.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large mixing bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in cheese and bacon. Mix well. Add yogurt all at once to dry ingredients, stirring to moisten.
- Turn out onto lightly floured suface and knead 10 to 15 times to fom a smooth dough; mixture will be crumbly at first and comes together when kneaded. Roll out or pat to an 8" (20 cm) square.
- Cut in half lenghtwise, then cut each half into 6 rectangles. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm.
|Serving Size per recipe||1 Biscuit (60 g)|