Chonuts (Cheese Filled Donuts) with Sweet and Spicy Dip
- Combine flour, sugar, yeast and salt in large bowl of electric mixer.
Add egg yolks and warmed milk and mix about 1 minute, or until combined.
Add the butter and mix on medium speed until a smooth satiny ball forms, about 5 minutes.
If dough remains sticky, add enough flour (1 tsp/5mL) at a time while mixing until the dough no longer sticks to the side of the bowl.
- Place in greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and towel and let rise in warm place, about 1 hour or until puffy.
- Place oil in deep fryer or large Dutch oven. If using Dutch oven, ensure that oil does not fill the pot more than ½ full. Heat to 375°F (190°C).
- Meanwhile, transfer dough to a lightly floured surface. Roll with lightly floured rolling pin until about 1/8” (0.2cm) thick. Cut with floured 2 ½” (6 cm) round cutter.
- Sweet and Spicy Glaze: combine ingredients.