Easy Pizza Pull Aparts
Makes:18 pull aparts
|3 ½ cups||875 mL Robin Hood® Original All Purpose Flour|
|1 ½ cups||375 mL grated mozzarella cheese|
|2 tbsp||30 mL sugar|
|2 tbsp||30 mL baking powder|
|1 tsp||5 mL baking soda|
|2 tsp||10 mL salt|
|¼ tsp||1 mL pepper|
|¾ cup||175 mL Crisco® All Vegetable Shortening, cold|
|1 can||Carnation® Regular, 2% or Fat Free Evaporated Milk|
|1 cup||250 mL prepared tomato sauce|
|3 cups||750 mL grated mozzarella cheese, divided|
|2 cups||500 mL cooked peppers, mushrooms or any vegetables of your choice|
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease and line a 9” x13” (23 cm x 33 cm) baking dish with parchment paper, overlapping the 2 longer sides for easy removal.
- Combine, in a large bowl, flour, cheese, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper. Cut in shortening with pastry blender, 2 knives or fingers until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add evaporated milk to flour mixture. Gather mixture into a ball and gently knead together. Divide dough in half.
- Roll each half of dough on a lightly floured surface, into a 9” x 12” (23 cm x 30 cm) rectangle. Spread ½ cup (125 mL) tomato sauce on each rectangle, sprinkle 1 cup (250 mL) cheese over tomato sauce, top with vegetables. Roll up tightly from long side. Pinch edges to seal together.
- Cut each roll into 9 slices. Place the 18 slices, cut side up, in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 to 40 minutes. If top starts browning cover with foil. Cool on wire cooling rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and pull rolls apart.