Feta and Spinach Biscuits
These wonderfully hearty biscuits are flavoured with dill, spinach and feta cheese. Bake them until golden, serve warm and enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook spinach according to package directions. Rinse with cold water and dry well. Chop. You should have ½ cup (125mL). Reserve.
- Combine milk and vinegar in small bowl. Reserve.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Cut in shortening until it is in pea size bits. Add reserved evaporated milk, spinach, feta cheese and dill. Mix to combine. Gather dough into a ball and gently knead everything together.
- Pat dough on a lightly floured work surface until it is ¾” (2cm) thick round. Cut with a 2” (5cm) cookie cutter. Gather up scraps and repeat with remaining dough. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Brush with remaining 2 tbsp (30mL) milk and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly golden.
|Servings Per Recipe||74 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.2 g|