Rosemary Parmesan Shortbread
Makes:about 48 shortbreads
Who says shortbread has to be sweet? Rosemary and parmesan turn these tasty treats into a savoury snack.
|1 cup||250 mL butter, softened|
|2 tbsp||30 mL sugar|
|1 cup||250 mL Robin Hood® Original All Purpose Flour|
|½ cup||125 mL corn starch|
|1 tsp||5 mL salt|
|1 cup||250 mL grated Parmesan cheese|
|1 tbsp||15 mL chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tsp (5 mL) dried rosemary|
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Grease or line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add flour, cornstarch, salt, cheese and rosemary. Mix well until blended. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and form into two logs 10” (25 cm) long. Wrap each log in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Slice logs into ¼” (5 mm) slices and place 2” (5 cm) apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack.
- Serve these as an appetizer with a salad.
- For decorative edges, drag a fork lengthwise along each log before slicing.
|Serving Size per recipe||1 Shortbread (10 g)|