Savoury Cheddar, Onion and Bacon Fingers
Makes:12 finger biscuits
It doesn’t get much more comforting than the smell of these savoury treats baking in the oven. With crisp bacon, a touch of onion and rich cheddar, they’re a mouth-watering addition to any meal.
|2 cups||500 mL Robin Hood® Original All Purpose Flour|
|1 tbsp||15 mL baking powder|
|1 tsp||5 mL salt|
|1/3 cup||75 mL butter|
|1 1/2 cups||375 mL grated cheddar cheese|
|1/2 cup||125 mL finely chopped onion|
|4||slices of cooked bacon, chopped|
|2/3 cup||150 mL milk|
- Preheat oven to 450ºF (230ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in cheese, onion and bacon, mixing well.
- Add milk all at once to dry ingredients stirring with a fork to make a soft dough.
- Turn out onto floured surface and knead 8 to 10 times.
- Roll out to an 8" (20 cm) square. Cut in half crosswise, then cut each half into 6 finger-shaped biscuits.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden.
- Serve warm.
|Per 2 biscuits||117 g|
|Saturated Fat||13.4 g|