Savoury Vegetable Pancakes
Here’s a twist to a breakfast favourite the whole family will flip for. These mouth-watering pancakes are filled with fresh veggies and topped with a zesty dill sauce.
|3||medium, shredded zucchinis|
|2 tsp||10 mL salt|
|3||medium, peeled and shredded, carrots|
|2||finely diced red peppers|
|2||finely sliced green onions|
|4||eggs, well beaten|
|1 cup||250 mL Robin Hood® Original All Purpose Flour|
|¾ cup||175 mL bread crumbs|
|2 tsp||10 mL baking powder|
|½ tsp||2 mL salt|
|¼ tsp||1 mL pepper|
|3 tbsp||45 mL Crisco® Vegetable or Canola Oil, divided|
|1 ½ cups||375 mL Carnation® Simple White Sauce|
|¼ cup||50 mL fresh dill, chopped|
- Combine zucchini with salt in a strainer. Place over a bowl to catch any liquid. Let stand 20 minutes. Squeeze liquid out and place in a large bowl. Stir in carrots, red pepper, green onions and well beaten eggs.
- Mix in next 5 ingredients and stir until combined.
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of oil over medium heat in a large non-stick skillet. Drop in 2 tbsp (30 mL) of batter for each pancake. Fry pancakes until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Prepare Carnation Simple White Sauce. Stir in dill. Pour over pancakes and serve.
|Serving Size per recipe||1 Pancake (135 g)|