Baked Vegetable Omelet
Makes:about 6 servings
Who wouldn’t love a traditional egg omelet? This one is filled with fresh broccoli, sweet red peppers and a hint of basil. Bon appétit!
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease an 8” (20 cm) square baking pan.
- Sauté broccoli, red pepper, and onion in oil in large frying pan until tender.
- Layer Monterey Jack cheese, red pepper broccoli mixture, tomatoes, and Cheddar cheese in prepared pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients with whisk in large bowl, or in blender until smooth. Pour into pan.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- A great way to use up left over cooked vegetables, ham or turkey (no sautéing required – cuts prep-time in half!).
- To make your brunch as easy as possible, do as much of the preparation ahead as you can. For example, chop and measure ingredients for the omelet the day before so that all you have to do the day of the brunch is put it together and bake.
|Servings Per Recipe||Per 1 cup (243g)|
|Saturated Fat||13.9 g|